SomaFM independent internet radio
Friday, January 18, 2008
Nick Drake - The Complete Lost Recordings

No introduction needed. Nick Drake is, IMO, the greatest and most soulful of all folk guitarists/songwriters. What's more, the words of his songs are not merely lyrics: they are POETRY, great, introspective, fragile poetry. His music has been my company for more than ten years; yet, every time I listen to his songs, I feel like it's the first time. There isn't even a single song by Nick Drake that I don't like. All of them are perfect...


I bought this album after I had collected all his official releases. It contains songs which he recorded at home (hence the bad sound quality) and he allegedly gave them to his mother as a present. Most of them are covers, played in that standard folk fingerpicking style. It is a collection of songs that fully represents his influences. An early glimpse at the work of a genius.


Enjoy









posted by Nada at 2:52 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: