SomaFM independent internet radio
Sunday, February 3, 2008
David Shire - 2010 Original Soundtrack

David Shire is among my top-notch composers. His music for films such as Coppola's "The Conversation" is truly great and shows his unbelievable ability to write themes that haunt you for ages. 2010 is an eighties sci-fi film with Roy Scheider. For the soundtrack, Shire uses synthesisers and other electronic devices of the time and, although I am not really into this kind of sound (I usually prefer "real" instruments, you see), the results are amazing. Apart from Strauss' well-known "Thus Spoke Zarathustra (in which Shire employs Police's Andy Summers for the guitar parts), the rest is atmospheric incidental music; yet it stands proudly on its own, without the need of watching the film.

I ripped the album from the original vinyl (which I bought for as much as 13 Euros) and I also scanned the cover. The only problem is that my scanner is too small for a vinyl cover to fit in, so I scanned the front cover in two parts. If any of you knows how to overlap them into a single cover, please do so and send me a link of the jpg, if possible.

Rip is 320kbps

Enjoy!!!


2010
posted by Nada at 2:38 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At February 3, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Blogger The Purist

    thanks for the kind words. ill check this lp out. looks pretty cool. keep up the good work  
  • At April 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Blogger ガブリエル君

    it's been removed :€  
  • At May 3, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Blogger the saucer people

    Hey Nada

    Is there any chance at all of you reposting the 2010 David Shire soundtrack? You are the only person who has posted it in such high quality and I was so happy when I first saw the post and so sad when I saw the dead link!

    I have lots of obscure rips that I would be happy to swap with you for it....I appreciate you posted it three years ago!

    if you can help I would really appreciate it as its such an amazing album <<>>