SomaFM independent internet radio
Sunday, February 10, 2008
GOMEZ - Machismo EP


Having already mentioned that Gomez are among my favourites, this is an EP they issued back in 2000 with 5 tracks, all wrapped-up in eco-paper decorated with those quasi-impressionist paintings. They once again combine acoustic melodies with great lyrics and scattered sample spells. "Touchin' Up" and "The Dajon Song" are my picks from this EP with the latter being an extended psychedelic blues jam, slow and creepy.

I bought this CD during my last year in Leeds, England (2000-2001) from a nice little record shop called "The Polar Bear", up in the Headingley area. Good 'ole days they were. I wonder if the shop is still there. Anyway, I have been known for my tendency to digress so I'll stop here and will let you enjoy the music. And enjoyable it is, believe me.

Indulge here
posted by Nada at 2:29 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: