SomaFM independent internet radio
Monday, January 26, 2009
VASHTI BUNYAN - Some Things Just Stick In Your Mind (CD 1)


OK, I know i'ts been almost 10 months since I last uploaded anything on this blog! Long time, surely, but now that I've got a (damn slow) Internet connection at home makes things a little bit easier.

I've been really into psychedelic folk the last few months and I managed to find some gems I've been lookin' for. Vashti Bunyan's songs are definitely some of my favourites. I bought this double compilation from a local shop and it seemingly includes all songs Vashti Bunyan recorded - either in a proper studio or at home. The compilation consists of two CDs and this is the first CD, including her most impressive stuff with songs such as "Winter Is Blue" and the "Train Song". Nice voice, nice lyrics and a convincing performance by John Bunyan's alleged descendant.



The 2nd CD of the compilation will be upped soon. The CD case includes a fine booklet in which Vashti herself speaks about her songs. I definitely recommend buying the original compilation, since it's also got great artwork and loads of photos.

Vashti Bunyan

Enjoy!

PS: I don't usually post CD rips but I haven't set up my vinyl ripping equipment yet, since I moved in to another house very recently. Don't worry though, rare and OOP vinyl albums are on their way! Stay tuned!

PS 2: Many of the albums posted in this blog have been removed by Mediafire, as part of the usual "copyright infringement" policy. I have decided not to reup those (mainly for being extremely time-consuming to reup). I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. But, hey, grab them at a record shop if you find them and support your artists!

PS 3: Drop by this blog's little brother, Sampler's delight, for some strange 45 rpm rips!

posted by Nada at 12:22 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments: