SomaFM independent internet radio
Sunday, March 23, 2008
INDIA NATIONAL SITAR ENSEMBLE - Sitar Music Of India

Get ready for a real treat. This brilliant vinyl (which I bought quite a few years ago but managed to listen to relatively recently) contains three tracks of original Indian music performed by the ...appropriately named India National Sitar Ensemble. Two of them form a suite that contains numerous different themes (many of them are really complicated and beautifully arranged) and the third one is a great Meditational Raga, ready to transport you to another planet! All thanks to the obscure Everest Records (can any of you provide any information on this label?) who presented us with this extraordinary album.



The vinyl is Out Of Print and I am pretty sure that there has been no reissue of it on CD. Anyway, we are talking about great music here, people. Don't miss it and don't be intimidated by the style of the recording (it's quite old, you see). And, if you stumble upon the original vinyl, do yourself a favour and buy it.

Kick Off

[320kbps (click & pop elimination) + artwork]
posted by Nada at 3:32 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At March 23, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Blogger Reza

    Hey nice post thanks and thanks for the kind comment @ my alter ego blog... eastern eye :)  
  • At April 15, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Blogger isfahani

    hey, thanks a lot - I really appreciate that people such as yourself post the rare and out of print things that you come across...

    I sure don't see this stuff in used record shoppes where I am living!  
  • At June 11, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Blogger el postino loco

    Hello
    Just Found out about your blog.. I'm so curious about this album but the link is invalid...any chance for a reupload?
    Thanks in advance..peace  
  • At July 3, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Blogger Justice

    I'm curious to hear this as well. Seems as if many of your links are dead : (  
  • At January 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Blogger phil

    Hi yeah sorry but I thought this was exceptionaly good so posted a track from it @ eastern eye
    Thats the first time I've posted something that I didnt own, anyway I've taken the post down, no intention to offend meant  
  • At February 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Blogger Wissmann

    I there what a coincidence! It happens I have the original Record. and was about to sell it. Does anyone is interested?! Regards and keep up the goood vibes!!!